My Rights campaign
I’m entitled to Information…
- I’m entitled to a Student Handbook explaining the requirements of my course in detail, at the start of each academic year.
- I’m entitled to details of an assessment at least 4 weeks before it’s due.
- I’m entitled to receive the marks on my assignments within 4 weeks, along with useful and constructive feedback.
- I’m entitled to a quality learning experience
- I’m entitled to teaching standards that are up-to-date and well planned.
- I’m entitled to replacement classes if one or more is seriously disrupted.
- I’m entitled to a fit-for-purpose Library facility with basic reference materials and resources suited to my area of study.
I’m entitled to give feedback…
- I’m entitled to opportunities to express my views on how my programme is run.
- I’m entitled to give opinion at the end of every module by filling out a Student Feedback form. Each lecturer must provide this to my class.
- I’m entitled to clear information on marking criteria in advance of my assessments.
- I can make a to make a formal complaint about the breaches of programme quality using the DIT Student Complaints Procedure
I entitled to fair treatment…
- I’ve the right to get my marks Rechecked or Remarked if I believe there has been a mistake
- I have the right of Appeal if I believe the Exam Board has made a mistake or arrived at a wrong decision
- I have the right to view my exam scripts and get constructive feedback on how I answered the questions