Due to a number of incidents over the last couple of months, DITSU has decided it was necessary to introduce a Code of Conduct for Bolton Street Common Room. Please find below.
* * * * * * * * * * *
This Common Room is a shared space; it is a social area for students and it also houses offices for DITSU officers and staff.
To ensure that all users can enjoy this space as it is intended we respectfully ask that you keep to the following code of conduct.
- All DIT Students are welcome here. If requested by a member of DIT staff to show your Student ID card whilst using the space, please be respectful and produce your card. Failure to do so is a breach of DIT regulations will be dealt with through DIT Disciplinary Procedures.
- Smoking, e-cigarettes and the consumption of alcohol or illegal substances is not tolerated here. If you attempt to do so you will have to leave.
- Antisocial behaviour of any kind is not acceptable and will not be tolerated. DITSU considers the following behaviour (list not exhaustive) as antisocial:
- Persistent loud, raised voices or shouting and roaring.
- Physically hurting someone (punching, slapping, kicking, tripping up, pushing, spitting). - Damaging equipment, furniture, any property within the area. You will have to pay for repair or replacement if you cause damage.
- Bullying / harassment of other students or staff.
- Racist remarks and offensive behaviour.
- Physically intimidating other students or members of DITSU / DIT staff.
- Please use the jukebox provided. Personal/other sound systems should not be used without permission of the staff and we reserve the right to adjust the volume if necessary for the comfort of other users.
- Don’t block access to the Offices or exits.
- Don’t walk on the couches.
- It is your responsibility to clean up after yourself. Please use bins/cleaning materials provided.
- All students are entitled to equal playing time on the pool tables, they are available for everyone’s use. Don’t sit on or put any bags on these tables.
- Mind your personal items – they are your responsibility
?Anyone who does not follow this Code will have to leave the Common Room.
If the Common Room is misused or left untidy or dirty on a regular basis it may be closed until further notice.
* * * * * * * * * * *
If you have any queries please contact Bolton Street Student Advisor at email@example.com.